Saturday, August 31, 2013

Day 48: Alma 28-30

Dear Friends,

I hope you all are having a wonderful Labor Day weekend!  We have had a fun-filled day with our family and it has been FABULOUS!  There were many Cardon Cousins in our home running around that I was filled with such joy.  I am so grateful for family.  Today my Sister-in-law and I took our girls on a fun Girl's Date.  What sweet memories for my daughters.



We then had a BBQ/Swim Party with my nephew and his family along with some of our distant cousins from church.

Today we are reading in Alma 28-30.  There is a lot of war and a lot of death but there is also a lot of rejoicing.  I love the following verse in chapter 28…

Alma 28:14
"And thus we see the great call of diligence of men to labor in the vineyards of the Lord; and thus we see the great reason of sorrow, and also of rejoicing -- sorrow because of death and destruction among men, and joy because of the light of Christ unto life."

Chapter 29 is SOOOO powerful!  I wish I could write all of it here but I will just encourage you to read it all and study it.  

Alma 29:1
"O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!"

"Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth."

I want to close today by sharing this video from the Mormon Channel on Youtube.  I hope you find it encouraging and helpful.  Love to you all!  Keep reading and let me know if I can do anything for you.


Hugs!
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment