Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 45: Alma 20-22

Hello Everyone!

We are officially half way through reading the Book of Mormon!  How exciting is that?!  Thank you so much for reading it with me.  Today has been a busy day with an early start so I will keep it short for today's post.  I just want you all to know how much I love reading the Book of Mormon.  I learn something new each and every time I read it.  When I have a question or concern I pray to my Heavenly Father and He answers me many times through the scriptures.  I know that they are the word of God and they are stories of real people who lived on the American continent.

I love the scripture in Alma 20:20 that reads…
"…nevertheless they were patient in all their sufferings."

Wow!  What a powerful statement.  Are we patient in all of our sufferings and trials?  I know that this story of Ammon's brethren can bring me great strength in my life.  Here is a video I found on the Mormon Channel on Youtube about patience.


Here is another great video on patience.  What a great faith-promoting story!  To learn more about my church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, click HERE.
I also love the following…

Alma 21:23
"…and they were zealous for keeping the commandments of God."

I love the story in Alma 22 where Aaron, Ammon's brother and King Mosiah's son, teaches King Lamoni's father who is the high king of all the Lamanites.  Another GREAT conversion story of how the gospel can change lives.  What a healing power the atonement of Jesus Christ is and how it can be applied to any and ALL of us!  To learn more about the Atonement of Jesus Christ click HERE.

I hope you all have a great night!  It's time for me to go to bed.  I got up way too early and have another early day tomorrow.  I am so looking forward to this Friday when my brother in law will be in town with his family!  YAAY for Labor Day!

Big hugs!
Robyn


No comments:

Post a Comment