Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 26: Mosiah 2-3

Hello Book Club Friends!

I hope you all have had a wonderful week and are ready for the weekend!  For some reason, today has felt like a Saturday to me and I keep thinking tomorrow is Sunday. It will be nice to have a Saturday to get caught up on all the many projects I'm behind on.  (AKA laundry!)

This week as my children are preparing to go back to school, I have been reflecting on how fast the time has gone by.  My sweet little baby boy starts 1st Grade!  I remember wishing for this time, where my days would be full of peace instead of chaos, but now I am wishing for my little baby boy to be at home filling my days with snuggles, giggles, and love.


Here he is at age 3 and now at age 6 in his favorite Puppy Dog jammies!
And now he's off to High School!!
Haha!  Just kidding!  We went to pick up my Sophomore daughter's books yesterday and he was carrying her Chemistry book around.  I had to snap a picture.  (On another note, I can't believe my 10th grader is taking Chemistry!  I never took that class in high school.  She is one smart cookie!)

Okay, today we are reading Mosiah 2-3.  I love this address from King Benjamin.  I hope you will prayerfully read today's chapters and find meaning in his words for you.  



The following scripture is one of my favorites in the Book of Mormon.  I have it highlighted in all the copies of books that I sent out.  If you still would like your own copy, please e-mail me and I will send one out tomorrow.  I still have a handful left.  mypinkstamper@gmail.com.

Mosiah 2:17
"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

I'd like to focus today's post on this scripture.   I love service!  It seems to me that most of our church is built around service and blessing the lives of other people.  I am grateful to know that when I serve others I am serving my Lord.  What a sweet peace that gives me.  We are not to judge other people's circumstances but we are asked to serve.  

Here is the story about how many members and missionaries in our area helped with the Moore tornado clean up.  (The missionaries pictured here were serving in my ward for a time.)  You can click HERE to read the full story.


I'd like to close today by sharing the song "Have I Done Any Good" sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir."  I LOVE this song!  I have the lyrics below if you would like to sing along.  I want you all to know how much I love each of you.  I am thankful for your friendships and sweet prayers that I feel from you.  I also have you in my prayers daily and I hope that your hearts are touched by the Spirit of the Lord as you read from the scriptures and what I have felt inspired to share.  I can honestly say that I feel direction every day with what I should post on here.  The Lord is mindful of each and every one of you.  He knows you personally and loves you. 


Have I Done Any Good Lyrics:


1. Have I done any good in the world today?
Have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad?
If not, I have failed indeed.
Has anyone’s burden been lighter today
Because I was willing to share?
Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way?
When they needed my help was I there?
[Chorus]
Then wake up and do something more
Than dream of your mansion above.
Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure,
A blessing of duty and love.
2. There are chances for work all around just now,
Opportunities right in our way.
Do not let them pass by, saying, “Sometime I’ll try,”
But go and do something today.
’Tis noble of man to work and to give;
Love’s labor has merit alone.
Only he who does something helps others to live.
To God each good work will be known.


1 comment:

  1. We are to help one another. Thank you Heavenly Father fir the Atonement of Jesus Christ, my saviour! Amen

    ReplyDelete