Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 33: Mosiah 22-24

Hello Friends!

I just loved today's reading!  It is probably one of my favorite stories in the Book of Mormon.  We can learn a lot from Alma and his people in chapter 24.  I will share some of my favorite verses.

Mosiah 24:12-16
12 And Alma and his people did not raise their voices to the Lord their God, but did pour out their hearts to him; and he did know the thoughts of their hearts.
 13 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.

 14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.

 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.
 16 And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage.

I love in verse 14 how the Lord didn't say He would take away their burdens right away but that He would ease them.  I know that in my life I sometimes wish for my problems to disappear but the Lord has a greater purpose for us than that.  He wants us to trust in Him and know that He will help us through whatever trial we are going through.  It makes us stronger to go through our challenges, especially when we have Him by our side.  


I had some videos to share with you but my computer has been acting up since I dropped it when I opened the back of my SUV last week.  YIKES!  New computer is on the way.  Hopefully this one will hang in there until then.  

I hope you have a great night!!

Hugs and much love!
Robyn



No comments:

Post a Comment