Friday, September 13, 2013

Day 61: Alma 58-60

Happy Friday!

Tonight will be a quick post.  I'm not feeling 100% and need to get to bed early.  Must have been all the junk food I ate today!  Trying to eat healthy but had a hard time this afternoon as I was buying goodies for my son's Scouts camp out.  Here is a pic of my 11 year old and my husband tonight.  Aren't they cute?!


Here are some of my favorite scriptures from today's reading.

Alma 58:11
"Yea, and it came to pass that the Lord our God did visit us with assurances that he would deliver us; yea, insomuch that he did speak peace to our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause us that we should hope for our deliverance in him."

I love how the Lord spoke PEACE to their souls in their times of trials and tribulations.  I know that the Lord can do the same thing for us if we seek him.  Here is a great song about Peace sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.


Here is a great talk on Peace given by one of our church leaders.


Alma 58:40
  "But behold, they have received many wounds; nevertheless they stand fast in that liberty wherewith God has made them free; and they are strict to remember the Lord their God from day to day; yea, they do observe to keep his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments continually; and their faith is strong in the prophecies concerning that which is to come."


Alma 60:24
"And now, except ye do repent of that which ye have done, and begin to be up and doing…"


I love this admonition!  We also need to be "up and doing" in our lives.  So much wisdom in those few words.  

I am going to close for the night.  I hope you have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment