Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day 58: Alma 51-52

Hello Everyone!

I hope you all have had a wonderful Tuesday!  I kept myself super busy this morning and then got to spend time with my BFF Karlee.  She goes back to New Mexico on Thursday.  Boo hoo!  It has been so nice having a close friend nearby.

Tonight we had the missionaries over for dinner and I made a super simple taco salad meal.  I had my first USTA tennis match tonight after they left and I wanted to make sure we could eat kind of quickly.  Also had time for a great lesson!
(Elder Beus and Elder Davis)

In today's reading we see how the end of Amalickiah, the wicked king of the Lamanites, came to be.  Love the story of Teancum.  

From lds.org...

Introduction

President Ezra Taft Benson (1899–1994) observed, “From the Book of Mormon we learn how disciples of Christ live in times of war” (in Conference Report, Oct. 1986, 5; or Ensign, Nov. 1986, 7). Mormon included several accounts of war in the Book of Mormon for a purpose. These accounts teach about the need to preserve freedom in order to maintain religious rights, the damage traitors inflict, the value of even a few righteous youth, the moral justification for war, and strategies to combat evil while relying upon God’s power to intervene.
This is going to be a short post today.  I'll check in with you all tomorrow.  I hope you have a GREAT night!  Enjoy this song from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir…


No comments:

Post a Comment