Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 51: Alma 35-36

Hello Everyone!

I want to start out by saying Happy Birthday to my wonderful Father-in-law.  He has been so supportive of this blog and has really encouraged me along the way.  Love you and hope your day was fantastic!!

My kids were all home from school today as it was a teacher workday or I like to call it a "Mother's Work Day"!  LOL!  We had "make your own" pizza for dinner which was super yummy!  Here's a quick picture.  My oldest daughter was at tennis still.

In chapter 36 Alma is speaking to his son Helaman.  I will share my favorite scriptures today.

Alma 36:1
"My son, give ear to my words; for I swear unto you, that inasmuch as ye shall keep the commandments of God ye shall prosper in the land."

Alma 36:3
"And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day."

Alma then recounts his conversion story again to his son adding many more details to the story.  The story of Alma is so personal to me.  Before I joined the church I was on a path that led to my destruction.  Maybe not in the same sense as Alma but I had no real direction in my life.  When I heard the gospel of Jesus Christ preached from the LDS missionaries about the restoration of the Gospel in these last days, my heart leapt with joy and I also changed my life from that moment forward.  If you would like to hear a message from our missionaries click HERE.  I'm sure they would love to visit with you!  You can also contact me at mypinkstamper@gmail.com and I can send some over to you quicker.  Sometimes the referrals take a little longer.

Alma 36:24
"Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost."


    Alma 36:23–24. Evidence That a Person Has Been Born Again

  • President Ezra Taft Benson described the change that is a part of the new birth: “When we have undergone this mighty change, which is brought about only through faith in Jesus Christ and through the operation of the Spirit upon us, it is as though we have become a new person. Thus, the change is likened to a new birth. Thousands of you have experienced this change. You have forsaken lives of sin, sometimes deep and offensive sin, and through applying the blood of Christ in your lives, have become clean. You have no more disposition to return to your old ways. You are in reality a new person. This is what is meant by a change of heart”.

Here is a great talk by one of our Apostles, Elder David A. Bednar, on being Born Again.  I cannot wait to hear more talks during General Conference in a month!  I hope you will join me in watching it!

Have a great night everyone!  I will talk with you tomorrow!

Hugs,
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment