Sunday, October 27, 2013

Day 82: Mormon 6-8

Happy Sunday Everyone!

I'd like to start by inviting the Spirit by sharing an uplifting song and message.

This song was sung by a family choir during General Conference.  This is such a special song to me because I taught it to the Primary Children when I used to serve as the Primary Chorister in my ward.


This message is given by our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, to the Relief Society Sisters in our church.  To learn more about Relief Society click HERE.  I love the title….  "We Never Walk Alone".  That is such a true statement.  I hope you feel a sweet peace as you listen to it.



Today we read Mormon's final words to us in these last days.  I found the following on lds.org.


Introduction

By studying the final testimony of Mormon and the initial writings of Moroni, you will better understand the role and purpose of the Book of Mormon. Moroni declared: “I speak unto you as if ye were present, and yet ye are not. But behold, Jesus Christ hath shown you unto me, and I know your doing” (Mormon 8:35). Moroni’s prophetic vantage point allowed him to complete the Nephite record with total awareness of both the escalating wickedness and the great spiritual blessings of the dispensation of the fulness of times. In a day when some people might be inclined to abandon faith in the face of great difficulties, Moroni’s words teach us to see miracles and revelations as evidence that “God is the same yesterday, today, and forever” (see Mormon 9:9). Although the spiritual and social conditions in the world may be in a state of constant change and decline, God’s covenant people can have full confidence that He is eternally the same.

    Mormon 7:2, 5. Mormon’s Final Plea to Believe in Christ

  • Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles reflected on Mormon’s poignant plea to those of the latter days to believe in Christ:
    “In a soliloquy of death, Mormon reached across time and space to all, especially to that ‘remnant of the house of Israel’ who would one day read his majestic record. Those of another time and place must learn what those lying before him had forgotten—that all must ‘believe in Jesus Christ, that he is the Son of God,’ that following his crucifixion in Jerusalem he had, ‘by the power of the Father … risen again, whereby he hath gained the victory over the grave; and also in him is the sting of death swallowed up’ [Mormon 7:2, 5]. …
    “To ‘believe in Christ,’ especially when measured against such tragic but avoidable consequences, was Mormon’s last plea and his only hope. It is the ultimate purpose of the entire book that would come to the latter-day world bearing his name”
I wanted to share another video with you all on missionary work and missionaries.  This video reminds me of my husband's family.  There are 7 brothers and they have all served missions for our church as well, along with 2 of his sisters who served as well.   I echo the words said in this video how it is so important to share our beliefs with others if we have a testimony of them.

I hope you all feel the Spirit as you read from the Book of Mormon.  I encourage you to pray and know for yourself if it is the word of God.  I know that by reading the Book of Mormon and finding out for myself, it has changed my life forever.

I wanted to close by sharing a picture of my sweet friend, Laura, who was just diagnosed with Stage 3 Colon Cancer only a few short weeks ago.  I hope you will keep her and her family in your prayers.  She is a woman of great faith and I know that she is being inspired from the Lord on how to go about her treatment.  I'm thankful for her friendship and her amazing testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment