Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 79: 3 Nephi 28-30

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

I am so sorry I haven't posted every single day like I was.  We got back from our vacation and had so many things going on I haven't had the chance to sit down on my computer.  Life has been super crazy and busy but I wouldn't have it any other way!  We just found out this weekend that my friend who was diagnosed with colon cancer a week ago has stage 3 cancer.  She begins her first set of treatments next week, then surgery, then aggressive chemo for 6-9 months.  She has a long road ahead but she is a woman of great faith and an example to all.  She asked if she could speak to the women in Relief Society this past Sunday and of course I said yes.  She shared her story with all of us and her personal inspiration she has received in dealing with this trial.  She mentioned how she felt the Spirit touch her during General Conference and how she felt a sweet peace.  I'm so thankful for examples like her in my life that no matter what trial they are given they rise to the occasion.  I know that our Heavenly Father is mindful of her and that she will be taken care of.  I just watched the newest video on Youtube by the Mormon Channel and thought I would share it with you.


Today we are finishing up 3rd Nephi.  Did I already say how much I love 3rd Nephi??  Well……  I DO!  

Jesus speaks with his disciples in chapter 28 and gives them the desires of their hearts.  Love this chapter!

We close with this last verse in 3rd Nephi which is a very powerful message to us in these latter days.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

3 Nephi 30:2
 Turn, all ye Gentiles, from your wicked ways; and repent of your evil doings, of your lyings and deceivings, and of your whoredoms, and of your secret abominations, and your idolatries, and of your murders, and your priestcrafts, and your envyings, and your strifes, and from all your wickedness and abominations, and come unto me, and be baptized in my name, that ye may receive a remission of your sins, and be filled with the Holy Ghost, that ye may be numbered with my people who are of the house of Israel.


    3 Nephi 30:2. Turn from Your Wicked Doings

  • At the conclusion of the Savior’s visit among the Nephites, Mormon returned to what was a major theme of the Lord’s instructions among the people—that in the last days the Gentiles will reject the teachings of the Lord and grow rapidly in wickedness to their destruction (see3 Nephi 16:1021:14–21). The writings in 3 Nephi seem to have had a profound effect upon Mormon. In his final testimony, Mormon revisited the Savior’s teachings and prophecies condemning the wicked and perverse and the pollutions and hypocrisies of the last days. In the last verses of 3 Nephi, Mormon offered the only antidote to these destructive conditions—come unto Jesus Christ and have faith in Him, repent of your sins, be baptized, and be filled with the Holy Ghost “that ye may be numbered with my people who are of the house of Israel”

No comments:

Post a Comment