Saturday, October 12, 2013

Day 78: 3 Nephi 24-27

Hello From New Orleans Everyone!

I hope you all have had a wonderful week!  My family and I got to spend some time with our friends in New Orleans for the past few days.  We are sitting at the airport right now waiting to get on a plane to take us home.   Here are some pictures of our trip…


Today we are still reading in 3rd Nephi.  This is a great book to just slow down and study.  I encourage you all to mark your favorite scriptures and come back to read them often.  I get a little teary eyed when I think how wonderful it would be to be in the presence of my Savior.  To sit at his feet and learn from him how we should be.  So many great nuggets of wisdom in these chapters today.  I'm not able to post a lot of pictures or videos today because of the bad internet coverage I have here at the airport but I will share some of my favorite verses.  

3 Nephi 24:7
"…Return unto me and I will return unto you, saith the Lord of Hosts."

This small saying means so much to me.  There have been times in my life where I haven't been close to the Lord, I'll admit it.  Times in my youth when I wasn't doing what He would have me do.  I can just imagine now that he must have been encouraging me with these words if only I had listened back then.  I am so grateful that I have returned unto Him and I feel His presence in my life daily.  


3 Nephi 25:2
"But unto you that fear my name, shall the Son of Righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth and grow up as calves in the stall."

I love the phrase "with healing in his wings.."  I have a close friend who has just been diagnosed with Colon Cancer this week.  I am so grateful for her example to me!  She has such great faith as she goes through this trial. I know that she believes that she can be healed through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  

3 Nephi 26:19-21
"And they taught, and did minister one to another; and they had all things common among them, every man dealing justly, one with another.

"And it came to pass that they did do all things even as Jesus had commanded them.

"And they who were baptized in the name of Jesus were called the church of Christ."

Wow!  Can you imagine living in a world where we had "all things in common".  I think that would be wonderful!  

3 Nephi 27:6-7
"And whoso taketh upon him my name, and endureth to the end, the same shall be saved at the last day.

"Therefore, whatsoever ye shall do, ye shall do it in my name; therefore ye shall call the church in my name; and ye shall call upon the Father in my name that he will bless the church for my sake.

3 Nephi 27:19-22
"And no unclean thing can enter into his kingdom; therefore nothing entereth into his rest save it be those who have washed their garments in my blood, because of their faith, and the repentance of all their sins, and their faithfulness unto the end.

"Now this is the commandment:  Repend, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do;

"Therefore, if ye do these things blessed are ye, for ye shall be lifted up at the last day."


Okay!  Our plane is boarding but I have so many more things to share!  Guess I'd better go.  

Have a wonderful Saturday!!

Hugs,
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment