Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day 85: Ether 6-8

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

I hope you are all staying toasty and warm for those in the colder climates, and cool & dry for those who are not!  LOL!  We are expecting rain today and tonight but it has only sprinkled a little bit.  Hope the weather makes up its mind soon!  I have a tennis match in OKC that will happen unless it is rained out.  It would be nice to have a snuggly night at home with the family, though.  I love this Fall weather!

I want to start today's post by sharing some of the blessings I am thankful for in my life.

#1 - I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and to know that my Heavenly Father loves me and has a plan for me!  Guess what??  He also has a plan for you, too!  Click HERE to read all about it!

#2 - I am grateful to have the Book of Mormon, which is another testament of Jesus Christ.  I am so thankful that this book was preserved and then translated by the prophet Joseph Smith.  I know that this is the word of God and that the fullness of the gospel is on the earth today.  You can read more about it by clicking HERE!

#3 - I am so thankful for a wonderful, loving husband.  After 17 years of marriage I know that he is perfect for me.  We balance each other out so well.  You can say that I am the FIRE in our relationship and he is the comforting embers.  I am blessed with a wonderful man who I am sealed to in the house of the Lord for time and all eternity!  You can read more about the blessings of the Temple HERE and what it means to be a Forever Family!

#4 - I am so grateful to be a mother in these last days to 5 beautiful, talented, wonderful children!  They are the joy of my life even when they are super hard!  I am so blessed to be able to have them in my world.

I have so many things to be grateful for….  my mother, sisters, brother, aunts, cousins, in-laws, friends, church family, home, food, etc.  I hope you all know how grateful I am for each of you, too!!

In today's chapters in Ether the Jaredites travel to the Promised Land in barges.  Here is a favorite scripture of mine.  

Ether 6:9
"And they did sing praises unto the Lord; yea, the brother of Jared did sing praises unto the Lord, and he did thank and praise the Lord all the day long; and when the night came, they did not cease to praise the Lord."

    Ether 6:9. “Sing Praises unto the Lord”

  • What are the blessings of listening to and singing songs of praise? In modern revelation the Lord stated that He will bless those who delight in righteous music (see D&C 25:12). The First Presidency described the power of inspirational music:
    “Hymns invite the Spirit of the Lord, create a feeling of reverence, unify us as members, and provide a way for us to offer praises to the Lord.
    “… Hymns move us to repentance and good works, build testimony and faith, comfort the weary, console the mourning, and inspire us to endure to the end. …
    “… Hymns can lift our spirits, give us courage, and move us to righteous action. They can fill our souls with heavenly thoughts and bring us a spirit of peace”.
I love the scripture above because I know that Hymns and uplifting music can be very powerful in our lives.  I know that when I am playing them around the house while I am getting chores done, that I feel inspired to be a better mother, who to serve, and also I feel peaceful.  Here is a peaceful hymn I'd like to share.



There is so much more to share with you!  I hope you all have a fabulous week!

Hugs,
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment